Gain the tips, tools and coaching you need to become a supplier of choice to the Defence & Ocean Tech sectors.
The ‘Supply Chain 123: Defence & Ocean Tech’ program offers:
- A series of interactive online group workshops led by industry experts
- Easy to implement tools and templates that you can immediately use in your business
- One-on-one consulting support to help you turn learning into action
- Opportunities to make valuable contacts at our ‘Meet-the-Buyer’ event
- Past participants include Davie Shipbuilding, Lockheed Martin, Babcock Canada and Seaspan
Valued at $2,000 per registrant, this program is currently fully funded by the Government of Canada. Your only investment will be the time commitment to take full advantage of the opportunity.
Register for your cohort
British Columbia & Alberta Cohort (January 2023)
This program is open to British Columbia and Alberta based companies.
All workshops are from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. (PST) and will be offered as live virtual workshops.
- Module 1 : Jan. 25, 2023 - Position Your Business to find Supply Chain Success
- Module 2 : Feb. 1, 2023 - Setting up to Succeed: Certification, Regulation & Best Practices
- Module 3 : Feb. 8, 2023 - Business Development Essentials
- Module 4 : Feb. 15, 2023 - Winning Bids: Responding to the RFP
- Module 5 : March 1, 2023 - “Meet-the-Buyer” event
All workshops will be offered in English with French simultaneous translation. Workshop tools, templates and one-on-one coaching are available in both languages.
Supply Chain 123: Defence & Ocean Tech – British Columbia & Alberta Cohort is hosted in partnership with the Association of British Columbia Marine Industries (ABCMI) .
Seats are limited. Register now to take advantage of this opportunity.
Questions? Contact Leann Collins, Director of Projects & Stakeholder Relations, ABCMI.
- Registration includes one seat per business. You may register a different employee per workshop if you choose.
- All virtual workshops will be facilitated live on Zoom.
- Participants will be asked to join with their cameras on and engage in peer-to-peer learning via chat, polls, breakout rooms, etc.
- Workshops will not be recorded to protect privacy and confidentiality
- The ‘Meet the Buyer’ event may be held in-person or virtually.
Participants can expect a time commitment of approximately 20 hours over five weeks.
This highly interactive and collaborative program requires that participants:
- Complete a 30-minute pre-program interview by phone or video call to help facilitators understand your unique needs
- Participate in each online group workshop and complete post-workshop evaluations
- Complete a minimum of four hours of one-on-one consulting with program facilitator(s)
- Complete post-program evaluation (up to one hour)
Who should participate
This program is tailored to business owners, executives, managers, business development and sales team employees of companies that want to initiate, accelerate or expand sales into Defence and Ocean Tech sector supply chains.
Funding for this program is provided by the Office of Skills for Success with the Government of Canada’s Department of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
Skills for Success are skills that help you in a quickly changing world. Improving them will help you succeed in today’s and tomorrow’s workplace.