Adults learn best when they want or need to learn something, and when the learning focuses on relevant problems and practical applications. The nature of LearnSphere’s programs means that these two conditions are generally met.
Other conditions that support adult learning are your responsibility:
- Provide a non-threatening environment
- Make sure learners feel recognized and valued for their personal experience
- Provide opportunities for learners to participate actively in learning (both cognitively and by interacting physically with the learning material)
- Plan sufficient time for the learners to assimilate the learning
- Provide participants with opportunities to practice and apply what they have learned
- Provide participants with feedback on their progress (if the length and format of your