- Operations Management
- Strategic Planning
- Productivity Improvement
- Skills Development
For more information visit ProfitLearn or Training for the Non-Profit Sector
Working Effectively from Home under Extraordinary Circumstances
Struggling to find your new normal?
As many of us adjust to working remotely, you may find yourself navigating new challenges while trying to maintain the status quo and keep things “business as usual” as much as possible. This online workshop - for employers and employees alike - will teach you how to:
- Create an effective, efficient home workspace
- Maintain your productivity, whether you’re working at home alone – or with a busy household that includes your kids!
- Avoid or address common concerns about working remotely
Pivot or Twist? Adjusting to Changing Client Requirements
Business inefficiencies can often be hidden by great customer service, excess inventory, or heroic performance. This is the perfect opportunity to evaluate the effectiveness of your operational processes so your business can become more efficient and flexible than before, and you’ll be poised for a quicker recovery!
This two-hour online workshop will help you to:
- Understand your critical processes
- Find the waste in your processes
- Identify where you need the most improvement
methods to streamline and improve your processes
Busy is the New Stupid: Productivity & Optimizing Time
Professionals are technical experts in their fields, they know how to do surgery, how to teach, how to weld, how to draft legal briefs. It’s what they are good at. Most professionals are not however trained in the field of operational efficiency & improvement and therefore they are wasting precious hours each day and each week on non-value added work. We have created a society that judges people based on how busy they are versus how productive they are, and this is driving the wrong behaviors in our workplaces. In this workshop your team will:
- be introduced to what productivity truly is and is not, and why you should care
- learn how to identify what is the true priority work you need to focus on
- find the minutes & even hours you are unknowingly losing each day
- learn how to maximize and optimize the time you have at work
Are we Improving? Implementing Daily Management for Teams
Daily Management is one of the most engaging tools for any team. These two days will train the team on how to run efficient daily huddles (5-7 mins) in order to keep them working efficiently without lengthy meetings. It also includes the implementation of a visual management board which allows the team to always know the plan for the day/week and how they are doing (the score) while at the same time facilitating the reduction of interruptions and increasing time spent on value added work. In this session, you and you team will:
- learn how to motivate employees without cake & pizza parties
- be introduced to daily management techniques that drive team performance
- learn how to create a visual management board for the team to know the score
Finding the Hidden Waste in your Organization
25-50% of time at work is not actually spent doing something of value. Most organizations evolve over time into vertical silos or functional groupings of tasks: HR, finance, manufacturing, operations, shipping, sales. All of these functional areas have their own priorities and deadlines. But, the value being created by the work done flows horizontally and not vertically. This is where the waste hides.
The waste, or non-value added work, is what makes the day hard, frustrating, and often demotivating. Eliminating the waste in your day-to-day processes isn’t nearly as difficult as first being able to see it and recognize it as waste. In this workshop, your team will:
- learn the differences between functional and process focused organizations
- be able to identify what value added work is, versus value enabling & pure waste
- learn why simply adding more people or more capital never works to improve things
- be introduced to all the forms of process waste and how to identify them
- learn solutions to minimizing & even eliminating waste in your processes
Analyzing & Improving your Processes to Create More Value
The challenges faced over the past 18 months made any inefficiencies in our operational processes blatantly obvious. Flawed processes can sometimes be hidden (e.g. by exceptional customer service, excess inventory, or heroic performance) but once they come to light you have the opportunity to redesign them for greater impact and efficiency.
This two-hour session will help you and your team:
- Understand how to map the processes in your organization
- Identify the areas of process waste that go unnoticed
- Determine which processes are critical versus enablers
- Prioritize the areas requiring the most improvement
- Learn methods to streamline and improve your processes
Online Workshop - 2 hours
How Continuous Improvement Improves Culture & How to Implement
Looking for the secret to recruiting and retaining good talent? Do you want to motivate and engage the employees you already have? You might want to consider introducing a continuous improvement program.
In this interactive online workshop with Jennifer Deware you will learn the benefits of continuous improvement, and how to implement it in you business, regardless of your industry or sector.
Burnout: How to Notice it in Yourself & Your Team and Mitigate
After an unanticipated and unbelievable two and a half years, many organizations have decided it is time to stop and take stock of what has transpired to their products & services, to their processes and to their people. Many things look different than they did in March of 2020, but nothing has been as impacted by the pandemic as our employees, our teams. With hybrid work increasingly becoming the norm for those who can accommodate it, due to lack of potential recruits and changes in employee wants and needs, one thing all should be concerned about is burnout. In this workshop you and you team will learn:
• What burnout really is and how to identify it in yourself and your people
• Ways to mitigate burnout before it impacts your teams as well as your organization
• Best practices being implemented across industries to navigate the future of work and meeting the needs of the ‘post-pandemic’ employee