- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
Governing Non-Profit Organizations Effectively
Facilitated by Jean-Guy Vienneau, these interactive online workshops aims to equip the members of the boards of directors of non-profit organizations. Specifically, this course will allow learners to:
- Identify the principles and roles of a board and members
- Differentiate between governance and management of the organization
- Illustrate the complexity of governance and its importance on the results of the organization
- Understand the CA / general management dynamic
- Apply concepts related to governance
- Evaluate the organization's effectiveness in terms of governance.
The workshop enables participants to gain knowledge about the strategic and operational planning process while focusing on the sequences and steps necessary to develop, update and measure the results and outcomes of the planning exercise.
Participants will be engaged by sharing and exchanging with others to better understand the challenges and issues faced by board members and managers in planning for the future.
- Understand the process, requirements and conditions for developing a strategic plan.
- Engage board members in a participatory process in developing a strategic and operational plan.
- Recognize the limits of strategic planning due to their dependence on resources (financial and human) and the choices to be made.
- Translate concepts into real-life situations that organizations face today and in the future.
- Develop an evaluation mechanism to assess the process and ultimate outcomes of the strategic planning exercise
Board Governance 101
This interactive online workshop is designed to help you achieve greater success by improving your nursing home’s management capacity and governance structures.
Facilitated by Jean-Guy Vienneau, the workshop will help you learn about:
- Effective governance principles and concepts
- The importance of the relationship between the Board and the Executive Director or Manager
- The leadership role of a Board and its members or directors
- How to manage risk
- How to manage and resolve conflicts that can arise within your Board
- How to develop a process to evaluate the effectiveness of your Board