- An ideal LearnSphere Associate is someone with expertise in Business or Non-Profit management, as well as in organizational development, facilitation, consulting, and coaching
- Expertise in specific business sectors can be advantageous depending on the program/project
- Experience or training in designing and delivering effective adult learning is an asset
Become an Associate
Associates are sub-contractors who help deliver on LearnSphere’s mandate.
We take on new Associates when it is mutually beneficial. Rather than building a long list of sub-contractors who don’t receive work; we aim to grow with the Associates we have, and fill gaps when there is a business need and a good fit.
If you are curious about becoming a LearnSphere Associate, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions to help you assess whether the role could be right for you. The application form is below.
You can also be involved with LearnSphere programs without becoming an Associate simply by promoting our direct funding programs with your SME clients. Funded clients can then choose you as their consultant. Exporters NB, EMAP, EforE, or CCM.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should be a LearnSphere Associate?
What do we look for in a LearnSphere Associate?
- Business and/or Non-Profit experience
- Expertise in more than one facet of business management skills
- Ability to teach business management skills to others – either in groups or one-on-one
- Bilingualism, or the ability to work with a partner to deliver in both official languages, is an asset especially for those associates working in New Brunswick
What kind of work do LearnSphere Associates do?
- A LearnSphere Associate focuses on helping others learn how to operate their businesses or non-profit more effectively
- Associates help Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) or Small and Medium Sized Organizations (SMOs) increase their competency with business management skills such as sales, marketing, human resources, negotiation, and many more
- Learning is delivered either in groups (face-to-face or online), or through coaching for an individual business or organization
- Associates may also be contracted to partner with LearnSphere on developing projects
What are the benefits of becoming a LearnSphere Associate?
- Participate as a provider of business solutions under the LearnSphere brand
- Strengthen your skills in learning design and facilitation through professional development
- Build your network through interactions with a range of SMEs, SMOs, and the other Associates
- Increase your access to existing markets, or gain access to new markets
- Become involved in emerging opportunities
What are the responsibilities of a LearnSphere Associate?
As a LearnSphere Associate, you agree to:
- Abide by LearnSphere’s Code of Ethics
- Respect the commission fee structure and payment schedule
- Keep your business skills, and the learning materials current and relevant
- Take advantage of the professional development and resources provided by LearnSphere
- Keep your profile on the Supplier Portal up to date
- Promote the LearnSphere brand when conducting or promoting LearnSphere-funded events
- Respect LearnSphere’s process for choosing Associates to work on projects; and LearnSphere’s right to choose the best Associate solution for clients
- Respect the Associate’s role as a sub-contractor, allowing LearnSphere to manage relationships with clients
What are the responsibilities of LearnSphere?
LearnSphere commits to:
- Designing and developing the best solutions for clients, including selecting the best resources
- Staying abreast of developments in areas of expertise
- Networking, attending relevant events, finding opportunities and clients
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Notifying Associates of opportunities in a timely way
- Providing professional development opportunities
- Providing an annual Associate Engagement Forum to share updates on our current project pipeline and business strategies
- Assuming financial and other risks in projects
What is the cost to be a LearnSphere Associate?
- $1000 up front and $50/year
- Commission fee of 5% to 8% depending on the amount of work done during the year
What frequency of engagements can I expect as a LearnSphere Associate?
- Depends on current projects, demand for programs, etc.
- There is no guarantee of a specific level of engagement; however, LearnSphere does not take on new associates unless we feel there will be work available for them in the near to short-term.