Become a valued supplier. Gain the knowledge, tools, and contacts your business needs to sell into Defence & Ocean Tech supply chains.
This highly reviewed learning and development program has been previously offered in Quebec, British Columbia, and all four Atlantic provinces.
“The program was a catalyst to implement systems and processes necessary to sustain a continuous improvement and lean operations culture in a growing company such as ours.” - Jeremy Hancyk, Operations Manager, Rockland Scientific Inc.
The Supply Chain 123: Defence & Ocean Tech program offers:
- Interactive online group workshops led by industry experts:
- Position Your Business to find Supply Chain Success
- Setting up to Succeed: Certification, Regulation & Best Practices
- Business Development Essentials
- Winning Bids: Responding to the RFP
- Easy to implement tools & templates that you can immediately use in your business.
- One-on-one consulting support to help you turn learning into action.
- Opportunities to make valuable contacts at the “Meet-the-Buyer” event which wraps up the program. Davie Shipbuilding, Lockheed Martin, Babcock Canada, Seaspan and others have attended previous Meet-the-Buyer events.
This program is valued at over $2000 per company, but thanks to funding it is FREE for businesses to participate in. Your investment will be the time needed to fully take advantage of this opportunity, by meeting the program commitments as described below.
Find and register for your cohort below!
For more information: click here
- Module 1 : April 28, 2022 - 9am to 3pm (EDT) – In-person (Quebec city) - Position Your Business to find Supply Chain Success
- Module 2 : May 5, 2022 - 9am to 12pm (EDT) - Virtual - Setting up to Succeed: Certification, Regulation & Best Practices
- Module 3 : May 12, 2022 - 9am to 12pm (EDT) - Virtual - Business Development Essentials
- Module 4 : May 19, 2022 - 9am to 12pm (EDT) - Virtual - Winning Bids: Responding to the RFP
- Module 5 : May 26, 2022 - 9am to 12pm (EDT) - Virtual - “Meet-the-Buyer” event
Please note, all workshops will be offered in French
Supply Chain 123: Defence & Ocean Tech – Quebec Cohort is hosted in partnership with l’Association des fournisseurs de Chantier Davie Canada (AFCDC).
Seats are limited, register now to take advantage of this opportunity. Any questions? Contact Pierre Drapeau Vice-President, AFCDC.
- One-seat per registered business. A business can register a different employee per workshop if they so choose.
- All workshops will be facilitated live on Zoom.
- Workshops will not be recorded, to ensure the privacy of participants who will be asked to join with their cameras on, and engage in peer-to-peer learning via chat, polls, breakout rooms, etc..
- The Meet the Buyer event will be held in-person, if pandemic restrictions permit, otherwise will be held virtually.
- The program is free for approved businesses to participate in thanks to funding from the Government of Canada.
Who should participate?
Business owners, key executives/managers, business development/sales managers and employees of companies that want to learn how to start selling to the Defence and Ocean Tech sector supply chains. SMEs looking to grow the size, or scope of their sales to those sectors will also benefit from participating, by better understanding how to position, and pitch their value to buyers.
Participant businesses commit to:
- Complete a 30-minute pre-program interview by phone or video call. Goal of interview is to ensure facilitators understand needs, and participants businesses can best take advantage of knowledge and tools gained through program.
- Participate in each online group workshops and complete post-workshop evaluations.
- Use a minimum of 4 hours one-on-one consulting with program facilitator(s). Participants set/select schedule and focus of consulting hours.
- Complete post-program evaluation. Could take up to 1 hour to complete.
Sign-up below to be notified when the program is offered in your area
Questions? Contact Laura Maynard, Senior Project Manager at LearnSphere.
Funding provided by the Government of Canada.