The tax world is a complex world where your questions often go unanswered. Are there any benefits to incorporating your small business? Should you register for HST? There is no easy answer. It is different for everyone.
This workshop will help you to find the answers to the questions that concern you and your business.
In a hands-on interactive online workshop you will learn to:
- Analyze your current situation and determine your needs.
- Understand income tax deductions and credits available to you business.
- Understand the ins and outs of HST.
- Understand the income tax consequences related to various forms of earnings.
Introduction to Bookkeeping: where to start
Keeping accurate financial records is essential for any successful business; however, many small business owners are often too busy running the day-to-day operations they tend not to devote the necessary attention to bookkeeping. Some fail to record financial transactions properly and in a timely manner. Some ignore it completely until tax time.
This course will help you identify your bookkeeping needs and resources. In this hands-on introductory workshop you will learn:
- the need or purpose of bookkeeping
- bookkeeping and accounting terms
- recognition and use of bookkeeping records and reports
- learning/understanding the process of entering transactions
- learning/understanding the posting of information to the reports
Financial Literacy for Non-Profits
Facilitated by Chartered Professional Accountant Louise Belliveau, this interactive online workshops will help you understand:
- The difference between organizational structures with emphasis on not-for-profit entities and charities.
- The different professional accountant reports (Compilation, Review and Audit) and what is needed in your organization.
- How to read and retrieve basic information from financial statements and your responsibilities towards this information.
- Which reports are available to help non-profit organizations make better management decisions.
- An overview of some Canada Revenue Agency’s required reporting.
- Directors' liabilities and how to protect yourself as directors.