- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
- Trade / Export
- Skills Development
Pricing (Part 1): Knowing Your Cost per Unit
Finding the right price for your product or service is an essential for making sure your business is competitive and profitable. Part one will cover:
- Knowing your budget, including fixed and variable costs
- Understanding the influence of fixed and variable costs on your pricing
- Understanding the difference between margin and markup
- How to find your position in the market
By the end of Part 1 you’ll develop a first
draft of your cost per unit (CPU).
Pricing (Part 2): Finding Your Price Point
Finding the right price for your product or service is an essential for making sure your business is competitive and profitable. Part two will cover:
- Understanding what influences your pricing
- Understanding markups via distribution channels
- Pricing techniques for retail and online stores and/or
- Pricing techniques for small-and-medium manufacturers
- Pricing techniques for the service industry* (depending on requests of participants)
By the end of Part 2 you will be able to draft your market entry strategy, based on costs and distribution.
Introduction to Exporting: Is Your Company Ready?
Introduction to Exporting: Are You and your Company Ready to Take on New Markets? This workshop will explain the requirements of exporting into a new market and help you determine if your business is ready to go to the next level. You will come away from the workshop with the foundation for your custom export plan.
Market Analysis: Choosing the Right Market
Success in business hinges on a careful alignment of product and market. A great product in the wrong market can be a costly mistake that is sometimes difficult to recover from.
Yet, how do you know when a market is the right one?
Join experienced Market Strategist Janice Goguen from OLIVA Strategies to learn tips and tools to determine if a market is right for your product or service. Learn about entry requirements, trends, and consumer patterns you need to consider before entering or expanding in a new market.
Module 2: Setting up for Success
What you control
- Understand cost of goods
- Quantify production capacity and capabilities
- Costs for distribution & logistics
- Metrics to measure performance
The numbers in depth
- Detailed cost of goods sold analysis
- Defining margin vs. mark up
- Conduct a category review
- Explore category margins
- Calculating price-based costing vs. mark up