- Financial Management
- Operations Management
Buying an Existing Business
Why start from scratch? Buying an existing business can offer you a head start in the world of business ownership.
In this workshop participants will learn:
- The advantages of buying an existing business over starting a new business
- The difference between a buyer-lead acquisition process vs. a seller initiated process
- How to approach a potential opportunity using intermediaries
- The key information for analysis, due-diligence and determining a fair value
- How to finance the purchase
- Which experts to involve and when you will need them, such as accountants, lawyers, brokers, bankers, etc.
Exiting your business- Selling, Wind up, or Liquidation
Many people plan to get into business but very few take the time to plan how they will get out. Proper planning can ensure that you have as many options available to you as possible.
This session will examine:
- Timeline to consider for retirement
- How to calculate business value/worth
- Selling to outside buyers vs. inside buyers
- How transitioning differs from selling liquidating a business
- Your goals in succession
Whether you plan to retire or sell your business in the near future or in 5 or 10 years, this workshop will provide you with valuable information through real-life examples and demonstrations.
Building a Business That People Will Want to Buy.
Learn how you can make your business attractive to buyers, increase profits and reduce the time and effort you put into managing your small or medium sized business.
This three-hour online workshop teaches attendees what scares off buyers and how to employ a strategy to not only increase the value of a business in the eyes of a buyer but make more money and free up more time in the present.
The workshop is intended for current and future entrepreneurs. Students will learn Barnett’s 12+1 step program for systematizing a small business that is already operating day-to-day.
This workshop is for you if:
- You want to buy or start a business or already own one.
- You want to make your business more profitable.
- You want to make your business easier to manage.
- You want to increase your vacation and family time while being a business owner.
- You want to ensure your business will sell quickly and for the best price when the time comes to sell.
OVERVIEW OF SEMINAR
- What do buyers look for?
- How are businesses valued?
- What problems keep buyers from moving forward?
- How can we make the business more attractive?
- How can we implement business management systems quickly and easily with minimal interruption in our opertion?
- David Barnett's Secret 12+1 step business systematization process.
Hosting Workshops and Meetings over Zoom
David Barnett has been teaching workshops over Zoom to audiences worldwide for years.
Learn how to make people feel connected and avoid distraction by implementing some of David's methods.
Learn the tools to approximate a live workshop over Zoom.
- Setting up your meeting properly
- Setting expectations in advance of the workshop
- Welcoming guests and helping people feel comfortable in a virtual environment.
- Sharing information
- Retaining engagement
- Breakout sessions
- Keeping group work organized and accessible
- Managing feedback
- Managing to manage the tech while teaching the topic
Understanding Business Structures
Business ownership structures can be combined like puzzle pieces, to make sure you have the right legal, financial and personal protections in place. Have you set up your business correctly? Are you maximizing your tax efficiencies? Do you need to access capital? When is the right time to incorporate? What is a co-op and should I consider that?
This 90-minute course will help you understand the different options available to you in New Brunswick, and how to choose the right one for you.
Women in Business Atlantic Canadian Women's Growth Partnership
Introduction for ACWGP Program